8 Cost-Saving Benefits of Commercial Window Tint
Increase Energy Efficiency by enhancing window insulation. 3M Thinsulate Climate Control Window Film is a cost-effective option from Pro Tint Orlando for you to upgrade your windows to be more energy efficient with year round comfort. This low-e film is virtually invisible, yet helps keep your office space cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter and more energy efficient year round. All the while, leaving the beauty of your office—and views—nearly unchanged.
How Thinsulate Works
1. Control Climate: 3M™ Thinsulate™ Climate Control Window Film helps keep the warmth in during the winter and the cool conditioned air in during the summer –keeping the weather out where it belongs – all season, every season. It helps reduce cold/hot spots in your buildings, improving overall comfort for you and your tenants.
2. Increase Efficiency: It is estimated that 34% of heating and cooling in commercial buildings is due to your windows. Manage your energy costs at a fraction of the cost of replacing your windows. 3M™ Thinsulate™ Climate Control Window Film is a low emissivity or “Low E” window film which improves the insulation value of a typical single pane window close to that of a double pane window and the insulation value of a typical double pane window close to a triple pane window.
3. Maintain Appearance: 3M™ Thinsulate™ Climate Control Window film has been installed on historic registered buildings to enhance sustainability, comfort, and provide fade protection, while maintaining the existing windows and appearance. 3M™ Thinsulate™ Climate Control Window film is a virtually invisible film that is professionally installed to the surface of your glass. It has a neutral appearance that will not dramatically change the look of your windows — inside or out.
4. Energy Savings Through Improved Cooling and Reduced Heating Costs: By reducing solar heat gain in your building, sun control window tinting has an immediate impact on energy usage and a long term reduction in HVAC maintenance costs. Additionally, our films may delay or even completely eliminate the need to replace your building’s HVAC systems. If replacement of these systems is required, window film may reduced the size and capacity requirements of the units.
5. How Sun Control Window Tinting Works: Window tinting rejects as much as 83% of the sun’s heat by causing it to bounce off of the glass and away from the building. This can translate into a savings of one ton of air conditioning for every 100 square feet of glass filmed. Without tinting, your windows allow the heat to pass through to interior spaces where it accumulates. This accumulated heat (often referred to as heat load) must be pumped out of the building by your HVAC system. By reducing the “heat load”, the HVAC equipment works more efficiently and at a lower overall energy cost.
6. Ultraviolet Rays: The sun’s ultraviolet rays can